Border Gas Blast Rules 2013
Border “Free Gas Blast Rules”
Radio Station WBDR will air a contest called “The Border Free Gas Blast” commencing Tuesday, April, 2013 and ending June, 2013. WBDR’s licensee, Community Broadcasters, LLC reserves the right to end the contest at any time without prior notice.
Contestants will have the opportunity to win the jackpot 4 times each weekday at 7:20am, 10:20am, 12:20pm, and 4:20pm.
A “secret” jackpot is established in gallons of gasoline.
The on air announcer will ask for a random caller at each of the 4 times each weekday as defined above. The correct caller will agree to be put on air to guess the number of gallons in the contest’s jackpot. Each contestant will be allowed one guess only. If their guess is too high (too many gallons) or too low (too few gallons) in the jackpot, WBDR will make an announcement that the guess was too high or too low. Should the contestant guess the amount correctly, he or she wins the jackpot.
Each jackpot remains unchanged until correctly guessed and won. Once a jackpot is won, a new jackpot amount is selected. That new jackpot goes into effect the following weekday at 7:20am. From the time a jackpot is won until the next day at 7:20am, the contest will not air.
The contest is open to US citizens with a valid driver’s license issued by one of the 50 states of the United States of America.
“Employees and unpaid interns of any radio or television stations in Jefferson County, NY are ineligible to win.” There is a limit of one winner per family or household during the duration of The Border Gas Blast.
VALUE OF THE GALLONS IN THE JACKPOT
Each gallon is valued at the price of 87 octane unleaded gasoline that day at the Byrne Dairy Gas Station on Coffeen Street in Watertown. EXAMPLE: the value of each gallon is $4.01 For example, a contestant who correctly guessed that there were 10 gallons in the jackpot on that date would win $40.10. The value of each gallon will change when the price of regular unleaded fuel at that station changes.
HOW WILL WINNERS BE PAID FOR THEIR PRIZE?
Winning contestants shall redeem agas card for the amount of the jackpot they won. Community Broadcasters LLC reserves the right to take up to 90 days to diperse payment.
Contestants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Community Broadcasters, its employees, officers, directors and their assigns from any liability in connection with the Gas Blast. These contest rules may be changed at any time without notice. Any actions of a contestant that could be deemed as fraudulent by Community Broadcasters, LLC will make that contestant ineligible to win this or any other contest aired by any Community Broadcasters LLC Radio Station for perpetuity.
THE 94 ROCK WOTT ‘Get You Tanked’ RADIO CONTEST
From April 8, 2013, through June 14, 2013, Radio Station WOTT (“94 Rock WOTT”) is broadcasting a contest called “Get You Tanked.”
Weekdays from April 8 through June 14, 2013 (“the period”), 94 Rock WOTT will, from time to time, broadcast a ‘Song of the Day.’ We will announce what the song of the day is each weekday at or close to 7:20AM. You can also go to www.94RockWOTT.com and sign up to be in the Loyal Listener Club, 94Rockaholics. Everyone in the Loyal Listener Club will receive an e-blast the night before with information on what 2 hour window they will hear the song of the day. We will also announce the 2 hour window & song of the day, at the start of our 2 hour window to all of our Facebook friends.
The 9th caller at 315-786-7625 to correctly identify hearing the ‘Song of the Day’ (“qualifier”) immediately following the start of its broadcast will receive a 94 Rock t-shirt & be qualified to win $100 gas card that will be given away every Friday, after last person is qualified. Everyone who wins the $100 in gas will also be qualified to win a grand prize of an additional $500 in gas to be given away on June 22nd, 2013.
Contestants must be 18 years old or older and hold a valid drivers’ license issued by one of the United States’ fifty states and, if deemed necessary by 94 Rock WOTT management, produce proof of age satisfactory to 94 Rock WOTT management in its sole discretion.
One winner per family. One winner per household.
Employees and interns and members of their families, paid or unpaid, of Community Broadcasters, LLC or of any other radio stations in New York State as well as employees and interns, paid or unpaid of Musicology, Drum Redemption Center, Cheney Tire, Beaver Meadow, North Star Auto, Salvage & AutoParts, Care Free Storage, Big M Super Markets, All American Property, Syracuse University & Nice N’Easy are ineligible to win.
Contest Rules for all stations from Community Broadcasters LLC
Standard Contest Rules Applicable to All Contests
A complete copy of these Standard Contest Rules can be obtained at the offices of the radio stations of The Border 106.7 WBDR & 94 Rock WOTT (the “Stations”) owned and operated by Community Broadcasters LLC, 199 Wealtha Ave Watertown, NY 13601.
The Station will conduct all contests substantially as described in these rules, and by participating each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. Unless otherwise specified, only legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in Station contests.
3. Unless otherwise specified, Station contests are open to the general public except for employees & interns of the Station, Community Broadcasters LLC, Employees or Interns of other radio companies in Jefferson County NY their immediate family members, and contest sponsors. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
4. An individual may win a Station contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
5. Potential contest winners will be selected by the Station in its sole discretion. If it is determined that a candidate is not eligible for receipt of a prize, in the Station’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate may be selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the sole discretion of the Station.
6. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
7. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged, sold, or redeemed for cash or other prizes.
8. Neither the Station nor Community Broadcasters LLC, their affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives shall be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof.
9. All entrants and winners agree that the Station, Community Broadcasters LLC, their affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
10. All prizes must be claimed in person at the Station at the address identified above during regular business hours and within thirty (30) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the Station and Community Broadcasters LLC to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
11. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station and Community Broadcasters LLC, their affiliates, members, directors, officers, and employees from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest, acceptance, and use or non-use of the prize.
12. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station and Community Broadcasters LLC to be used, disposed of or destroyed in their sole discretion.
13. The Station and Community Broadcasters LLC are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information submitted by contest participants or entered by websites users, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
14. All entrants and winners agree to give the Station and Community Broadcasters LLC, and their licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish my name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to save harmless the Station and Community Broadcasters LLC, and their affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims they may have against the Station or Community Broadcasters LLC in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the Station and Community Broadcasters LLC own or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Station and Community Broadcasters LLC.
15. By participating in a Station contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Station regarding Station events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
16. By participating in a Station contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and the Station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of a contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate the contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Station deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Station are final. The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF A STATION CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A STATION CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
17. The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
18. The Station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
19. A winners list may be obtained ten (10) days after the conclusion of any Station contest by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station at the address first written above.